The 25 Barrel Stainless Steel DNV 2.7-1 Vertical Tank is built for safely moving hazardous fluids offshore. It is designed for drilling, completion, production, P&A and work over fluids that are compatible with 316 stainless steel. This package is dependable and versatile for the Offshore E&P Industry.
- Designed for offshore dynamic lifting in accordance with the provisions of DNV 2.7-1, EN 12079, API RP 2A and SEPco document OPS0055.
- 4,000 liters = 1,056 gal. = 25.16 bbls.
- Length: 2,000 mm [78.5”][6’7”]
- Width: 2,000 mm [78.5”][6’7”]
- Height: 2,600 mm [102”][8’6”]
- Approvals: IMDG (T-11) ADR/RID, DNV 2.7-1, BS7072, EN12079
- Design: Vessel-ASME VIII Div 1 2.67 bar (38.7 PSI) W.P. 4.0 bar (58 PSI) T.P.
- Vessel: 316/316L Stainless Steel
- Frame: DNV 2.7-1 EN10219 Carbon Steel
- Design Temp.: ( -20deg.C to + 55deg.C )
- Vessel to Frame: Stainless steel skirt and floor
- Bottom Lift: 4” (100mm) x 12” (300mm) Forklift Pockets
- Stainless Steel: ISO Corner Castings
- Stacking: three high empty, two high full. Tanks designed for stacking so that chains or slings are not crushed or damaged.
- Weights are as follows:
- Max Gross Weight: 17,637 lbs. [8,000 KG]
- Est. Tare Weight: 4,343 lbs. [1,970 KG]
- Pay Load Weight: 13,294 lbs. [6,030 KG]
- Max pounds per gallon: 12.5 ppg., (US) (S.G. 1.5)
As per the requirements of the IMDG code, a pressure relief valve is fitted to the top of the tank. It consists of a 2.5” BSP (65mm nominal bore), fitted with both pressure and vacuum relief facilities. The whole unit is encircled with fireproof gauze. In the event of an emergency the wire gauze prevents flammable contents from catching fire in the case of fire engulfment.
This valve is designed to relieve pressure in the tank at a setting of 4.4 bar (converts to 63.82 psi) large enough relieving air flow capacity in the case of complete fire engulfment (IMDG Code section 126.96.36.199.2). The valve is an independent safety device and should not be connected or relied upon, within the process for performing other relieving or regulating functions.
The relief valve is also fitted with a vacuum relieving spring set at 0.21 bar (converts to 3.0 psi) Once more, this is an independen function in the event of an over vacuum situation.